7.8.11

colourful manicure

(L-R):Baked Cherry, Seabreeze, Orange Soda-all 17, Vegas Madness-Topshop, Bright Pink-Barry M, Mini Skirt, Forever-17

What are Sunday afternoons for? Painting your nails and chilling, so today I decided to do something different and attempted some 'nail art'. There's a lot of it about on blog's at the moment, I follow WAH Nails on Tumblr and love their wacky designs. However I decided to do a fairly simple but effective coloured manicure.

I used some really old nail art pens (similar to the WAH Nail Art pens), and just dipped them in the colours that I wanted to use. If you have a steady hand it's easy if not just practise. I have a fairly steady hand but am in no way perfect at it! I've got to be honest they look better IRL, they are similar to the YSL one's that I did before.

Method: I used the white(Mini Skirt) as a base then the nude colour (Forever), the colours kind of mixed together which gave a nicer colour and a cool effect. Then I used the thin long brush on my nail art pen to make a curved line on the tip of the nail. I made the lines fairly thin, but they can be adapted to what suits you. I then applied a top coat. My top tip would be to ensure that you do not apply to much paint on the tip detail as it will easily smudge even with a top coat over it.

 What do you think? Will you try this out?

11 comments:

  1. They look really good. I never seem to be able to do my nails right. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are lovellyyy, your blog is soo lovely by the ways, i will be visiting it again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also love WAH! your nails look great xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome manicure!


    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look really nice! wish i had a steadier hand so i could try them out aha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. loove the nails :)

    would be a pleasure if you visit me on my blog too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look wonderful (:
    my hand is no where near steady enough to do this though!
    you have a lovely blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey doll, love your blog !! newest follower :D

    <3 xoxo
    Effy.

    tellmewheredidyousleeplastnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete