31.8.11

Paris je t'aime

I arrived back in Blighty yesterday morning, after an incredible week in Paris! It was a return visit as I had a french girl stay with me last summer. I went to Paris 3 years ago and did all of the touristy type things then, so was happy to go with the flow but had a few ideas of where I wanted to go.

The appartment I stayed in was in arrondisement 20, which is where the famous cemetery Père Lachaise is located. So on the first day I payed a visit to it, and I have to say it is strangely beautiful. I would really recommend going, it is not too depressing (especially as it was really sunny when I went). Then after that I went shopping in Galeries Lafayette which is a mix between Harrods/Selfridges. Amazing. If you ever visit, make sure you go on the roof as there is an amazing view of Paris from there. Whilst inside I went to the Miu Miu section and spotted my beloved bag! (one day I will own it) I also went in Printemps, which is also expensive and has a Ladurée counter.

On the second day I went to the Louvre, I wasn't that impressed. I like art etc but it wasn't my cup of tea, I thought it was too big and the Mona Lisa is over rated. Also I made sushi that night, I have to say I was pretty good at it!

The third day I went to an exhibition on Madame Grès at Musée Bourdelle. I found it fascinating looking at her dresses and observing her sketches. It was clear to see that she was extremely talented and was amazing at draping/pleating.
Day four, I went to the Marché Dauphine. It is in amongst the Marché aux Puces but is more vintage. I loved wandering around looking at all of the vintage shops and things. Then in the evening I went to the cinema to see Un Jour aka One Day. It was a really good film! 


On my final day I went to Le Marais, it is the old part of Paris and is absolutely stunning! I would definitely live there, it has some amazing shops/cafés and gorgeous scenery. I also went shopping and bought a few things and then went to a rally nice park. 


Phew I know, mammoth post! But I had to share, if you get the chance go visit some of the places :)


Maddy xo


P.S. I got my GCSE results and they were preety good! 

14 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time - I went to Paris when I was really young, but I can barely remember any of it!

    Congrats on your results too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! I wish i could spend a week in the Lourve without other annoying tourists :)

    well done on your GCSE's :D xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked blog header & blazer.
    Congrats on the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pics! your outfit is so cute :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I visited Paris last year too, and I so love the city! My latest post is also about my trip :) Isnt LaFayette the prettiest mall ever? ;)

    -GAYLE IS VOLATILE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those places are definitely wonderful and I dream to go there with my own money #arrogant :p LOL. But really, I wish.. youre so lucky..

    xoxo,
    rosalinaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow nice look


    http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com/

    http://modedecerisier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so nice! thanks for your comement x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your lovely comment :D
    Love these pictures and I'm already following!
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. -I have been reading your blog for the last thirty minutes! Such great posts. Please check out my blog when you get a chance!

    http://www.goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
    a fashion lawyer by day, fashion police by night...I play at red carpet events, shop all over town, and live life in the fab lane in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! Ps love your header(: x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow France looks amazing and your pictures a great! I wish I could go now haha
    -Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool photos, must have been a lot of fun !

    www.tripsandtreasures.blogspot.com
    lifestyle and my outfits in belgium

    ReplyDelete