19.11.11

Autumnal jewel tones

Red scarf- Vintage Chanel, Faux Fur Stole- Topshop, Pearl Necklace-Primark, Lace/cameo necklace- Topshop, Floppy Hat- Primark, Pearl bracelets-DIY, Ring-Miss Selfridge, Glitter shoes-Primakr, Cameo necklace/ black lace collar-Primark, Purple jumper- Bershka, Jewel scarf- vintage


Bit of a different post for me today, I wanted to show you my vintage buys but they are currently in the wash as they smelt a bit..well let's say vintagey. So I thought I'd try and take some 'artsy' photos of some of the items in my wardrobe that I am loving at the moment. I adore the jewel colours for autumn/winter, when the nights get darker I like these colours to brighten up the day *cheese alert*. I'm talking teal, plum, wine and sapphire blue. The colour of my jumper that was in my outfit post last week is a gorgeous luxurious colour which I seem to have quite a few things in.

I love knits, stoles, velvet and jeans in these hews that seem to be in the shops lately. I also think that these colours can be easily mixed together and look stunning teamed with vintage (real or inspired) jewellery and accessories. Pearls, diamonds and cameos look great on rings, necklaces or earrings worn with your choice of garment in a jewelled tone. Not to mention make-up and nail varnish in these colours, also you can style theses shades of clothes up for evening with a bit of glitter-on shoes, a clutch or some jewellery.

Have you been wearing any jewel tones this autumn? What do you think of my picks?

Maddy xo

4 comments:

  1. I love the richer colors when the weather goes gray, too :) I've been in different shades of jewel-tone nail polish all month. Is that a lacy-bib necklace I see? Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing jewel tones in the winter... especially purples, like that Bershka jumper :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous vibrant colours!

    lovingvintageretro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh love this look! very Gucci AW12! love your blog too, Aisling of fash-ling recommended I have a peek! Am now following!

    Merry Christmas xxx
    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete