16.2.12

Stylist's Trends -S/S '12


I though I'd do something a bit different today,I love putting looks and outfits together and have been mentally noting the trends for next season in the magazines and shops. I decided to group a few trends from what is available in Topshop and online on ASOS at the moment. I chose these websites as I like what they are offering and find their websites easy to use. I really like the Trend Report and all of the special features on ASOS.

Topshop, ASOS, Topshop
Firstly denim, as always is big. It is constantly being reinvented in new ways, and there are lots of pastel coloured denims on the market for Spring. I've never worn denim shirts before but can't live without my denim jacket. Personally I am lusting after some high waisted jeans, and would love to try something different like this denim tank top.
All Topshop
I've noticed quite of lot of metallics and this sort of foil effect material in Topshop lately. I think it's a love or hate thing but I quite like it. I really love this Topshop Boutique blazer, and the metallic sheen to it.

Both Topshop
Pastels are generally more worn in S/S and are again a dominant feature in most collections. I think this multi coloured pastel knit is really cute, and would look great teamed with this blouse. 

All ASOS
I love this retro looking dress and I have a thing for pencil skirts, I also am I lover of these sorts of fishtail skirts at the moment, I think that the sugary colours add to the beauty of these pieces.
Topshop x2, Motel, Topshop
Prints are everywhere, and there are so many to choose from. There are lots of animal prints, including feathers and snakeskin. I usually block colour but want to branch out more into prints, I have fallen in love with this top for some reason. I also love bold stripes. 

What trend are you loving the most? What did you think to this post?

P.S. Stay tuned as I am currently making a video and outfit posts will be up shortly.


7 comments:

  1. Love this post you should definitely do more. Love all the pastel colours especially xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Also adore the new design of your blog x

    cupcakesandflowers.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pastel colors! I have an asymmetrical dress just like that one in the fourth picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection! I especially love the sweater, wouldn't mind adding one like that too my closet;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute outfit, nice blog

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think
    HELP HE REACH 2000 FOLLOWERS TODAY

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and chic. Your style is great.

    ReplyDelete